Thailand Ranks as the Best Country in Asia to Retire in 2022
There’s no denying the great appeal of retirement in Southeast Asia, warm weather, beautiful people, amazing food! Is Thailand the best country in Asia to retire? A lot of people think so.
Thailand was ranked as the best country in Asia for retirement in 2022 by International Living magazine. And out of a list of 25 countries, the magazine listed Thailand as number 11 around the World!
Thailand ranked as the number one country in Asia to retire this year because of its beaches, tropical climate, variety of affordable living options, Modern and reasonably priced health care, and convenient visa process for retirees.
Global Top Group shares a list of things that makes Land of Smiles the no. 1 destination for Retirees:
1. Affordable Housing – Very affordable condo prices, beautiful apartments, great rental yields and potential investment growth associated with the country’s infrastructure development. When it comes to buying a residential property, the most popular destinations are Pattaya, Bangkok and Phuket.
2. Cost of Living – Compare to western countries, the prices of housing and basic goods in Thailand is almost 60% lower than in most western countries.
3. Reasonably Priced Health and Medical Care – Thailand is gaining worldwide recognition for the quality of its healthcare services, after the US magazine CEOWORLD placed Thailand sixth in its’ 2019 list of countries with the best healthcare systems.
4. Modern Infrastructures – One of the best in Southeast Asia.
a. ACCOMODATIONS – Condo luxury living at very low prices, Global Top Group offers 5-Star hotel accommodations with amenities such as; pools, gyms, sauna, jacuzzi. massage shops. restaurants in the complex. Living your dream holiday, every day!
b. AVIATION – Suvarnabhumi is the 17th largest airport in the world opened in 2006 so it is quite modern.
c. ELECTRICITY – Coverage is over 99% of the country. Power plants are relatively new including the latest wind and solar farms.
d. HIGHWAYS – Thailand’s highway network is very extensive. The total length is around 70,000 km (compared to 250,000 km in the US, a country 20 times the size of Thailand).
e. TELECOMMUNICATIONS – 4G and 5G mobile networks cover the entire country. Fibre optic internet is available in every major urban centres.
5. Retirement Visa – Obtaining a retirement Visa to come and live in Pattaya is still an inexpensive and fairly easy process and can be extended annually.
6. Thai Food – One of the best in the world! CNN Travel has ranked Thai Massaman curry as the No. 1 dish in its “The World’s 50 Best Foods list, along with Tom Yum Kung in eighth place and Som Tam papaya salad ranked 46th in 2021.
7. Places to Visit – with warm weather all year round, Thailand are home to some of the most visually stunning and exotic beaches in the world! With 1,430 islands, there’s something for everyone.
BENEFITS OF CONDO LIVING FOR RETIREES
Living in a condo offers a number of benefits over living in a detached dwelling, especially for retirees who want to change their lifestyle and avoid the complications of house ownership. Retire and own a piece of paradise, owning is easy when you deal with a reputable developer.
At Global Top Group, you can buy a condo under your name if the project features less than 49% of foreign owners. This condo will be fully owned by you. When buying condos, you have to make a small initial deposit (eg. 10,000 THB) as a “booking” fee to seal the deal. Give us a call, let us help make your dreams a reality! Please click on our website at www.globaltopgroup.com or call our hotline +66(0)90 741 7417 to get more information.
See more projects
Thailand is now open! It is not compulsory to wear mask in Thailand. Everything is back to normal here. No more travel requirements needed either! Recreational centers like restaurants, shopping...
Marina Golden Bay Condominium is the brightest and newest condo landmark in Pattaya City. A 51-level condominium complex with breathtaking views of the sea and the city, its flair will most likely...
Yes, absolutely! According to the Thai Condominium Act, foreigners may own a unit within the foreign freehold ownership quota. In simple terms, foreigners who wants to own a condo property may do so...