Pattaya Coffee Culture
Any major city or town in Thailand these days has the required Starbucks,Costas, Black Cannyons, Amazons and any other of the leading Coffee Franchises that can be found anywhere around the world. And Thailand’s love for coffee has grown immensely over the past twenty years or so.
However, Pattaya has taken the love of coffee to a different level, and embraced coffee culture with two large welcoming arms. The city is stacked full of independent coffee shops, bakeries, and small bistro’s that offer freshly brewed espressos and americanos together with daily baked breads and cakes, together with other fondant fancies.
This new breed of cafes are not restricted to swanky hotel atriums, they range from beachside shacks to inner city salons all delivering steaming hot Java or iced frappes. And prices ranging to suit all pockets.
Some of the best coffee in Pattaya is made from local beans grown in the northern provinces of Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai.
Pattaya Coffee Shops
There are some great places where you can sit and relax enjoying a morning cuppa and here are some of the best:
- Sketchbook – A Jomtien institution, this Thai run cafe and restaurant is perfect for chilling out and sipping a latte. Serving excellent hot and cold coffees together with Thai and western dishes. The owners run art classes and the interior decor reflects a very arty scene.
- Bake n’ Brew – Located in Pattaya Klang, this prestigious coffee shop bake their own breads, cakes and pastries. They serve an award winning blend of coffees sourced in Bangkok, together with delicious and very reasonable dishes of food.
- La Baguette – Another Jomtien favourite, with a focus on their French bakery. A little more upmarket than some, La Baguette offers great coffee with a French ambience and style. La Baguette is really more of a restaurant than a coffee shop, but the black brew here is among the best in Pattaya.
- Coffee Club – The Tukom branch of this Australian chain certainly offers terrific service, and although the cafe is small it has sufficient tables and chairs outside to take any overspill. The menu is limited due to the size of the kitchen but the coffee is up to the normal high standard and delicious.
- Loaf Bakery – Small and simple, but a great place for a relaxing cup of Java and serves some great breakfasts and brunch type meals. Try a croissant and a cappuccino for a perfect morning pit spot.
- Back Fabrik – Located on Jomtien 2nd Road, Back Fabrik is a popular German themed cafe. Offering continental type breakfasts, German breads and foods. The breakfast offerings are amazing and great value for money. The coffee is up to high standard also and freshly brewed every cup.
Global Top pick the best locations in Pattaya for their condominiums, and many of the coffee shops above are near one of their superb developments. From Pratumnak to Pattaya City Centre.